By Alan Agresti
Praise for the second one Edition
"A must-have ebook for somebody waiting for to do study and/or purposes in express information analysis."
—Statistics in Medicine
"It is a complete pride interpreting this book."
"If you do any research of specific info, this is often an important computing device reference."
The use of statistical equipment for examining express info has elevated dramatically, really within the biomedical, social sciences, and fiscal industries. Responding to new advancements, this ebook deals a entire therapy of crucial tools for specific facts analysis.
Categorical information research, 3rd Edition summarizes the most recent equipment for univariate and correlated multivariate specific responses. Readers will discover a unified generalized linear versions strategy that connects logistic regression and Poisson and detrimental binomial loglinear types for discrete facts with basic regression for non-stop facts. This version additionally features:
- An emphasis on logistic and probit regression tools for binary, ordinal, and nominal responses for self sustaining observations and for clustered facts with marginal types and random results models
- Two new chapters on replacement tools for binary reaction info, together with smoothing and regularization tools, type equipment resembling linear discriminant research and category timber, and cluster analysis
- New sections introducing the Bayesian process for tactics in that chapter
- More than a hundred analyses of knowledge units and over six hundred exercises
- Notes on the finish of every bankruptcy that offer references to contemporary learn and themes now not lined within the textual content, associated with a bibliography of greater than 1,200 sources
- A supplementary site exhibiting tips on how to use R and SAS; for all examples within the textual content, with details additionally approximately SPSS and Stata and with workout solutions
Categorical facts research, 3rd Edition is a useful software for statisticians and methodologists, akin to biostatisticians and researchers within the social and behavioral sciences, medication and public health and wellbeing, advertising and marketing, schooling, finance, organic and agricultural sciences, and commercial caliber control.
Read or Download Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) PDF
Best data mining books
The quick and straightforward strategy to make feel of statistics for large info Does the topic of information research make you dizzy? you could have come to the suitable position! facts for giant facts For Dummies breaks this often-overwhelming topic down into simply digestible components, providing new and aspiring info analysts the root they should be triumphant within the box.
Get a pretty good grounding in Apache Oozie, the workflow scheduler approach for handling Hadoop jobs. With this hands-on advisor, skilled Hadoop practitioners stroll you thru the intricacies of this robust and versatile platform, with a number of examples and real-world use situations. when you arrange your Oozie server, you’ll dive into recommendations for writing and coordinating workflows, and tips on how to write advanced facts pipelines.
Within the sufferer Revolution, writer Krisa Tailor—a famous specialist in healthiness care innovation and management—explores, throughout the lens of layout pondering, how details expertise will take healthiness care into the event financial system. within the adventure financial system, sufferers will shift to being empowered shoppers who're lively members of their personal care.
This e-book constitutes the complaints of the 14th overseas convention on Formal idea research, ICFCA 2017, held in Rennes, France, in June 2017. The thirteen complete papers provided during this quantity have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 37 submissions. The e-book additionally comprises an invited contribution and a old paper translated from German and initially released in “Die Klassifkation und ihr Umfeld”, edited by means of P.
Additional resources for Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)
Categorical Data Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics) by Alan Agresti